Microsoft’s upcoming release of Visual Studio 2010 was first announced in Sep 2008 and is still under development. MS Product Page. Some of the features
- Office Development in Visual Studio 2010
- Multi-targeting create an application that works even for lower version of .Net Framework even if you have developed it for high version.
- Parallel Computing
- Workflow Foundation
- Multi-targeted Silverlight development
- Editable design surface for Silverlight.
Screenshots and review – http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonz/archive/2009/02/20/a-new-look-for-visual-studio-2010.aspx
Download Visual Studio 2010 Beta from Microsoft Download center:
- Download: Visual Studio Professional 2010 Beta 1 (1121MB)
- Download: Visual Studio Team Suite 2010 Beta ISO (1213MB)
- Download Visual Studio Team Suite 2010 Beta Web Installer
Visual Studio 2010 requires .net framework 4 installed on the PC. Download .net Framework 4
Visual Studio 2010 System Requirements
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Minimum 75 GB available HDD space
- The host computer must have a minimum of 2 GB RAM, with 1 GB allocated to the host operating system and 1 GB allocated to the VPC.