GeoHot has released Purplera1n tool to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS running 3.0 firmware. This works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 32 and 64-bit support. The process is fairly simple. Just follow the below instructions.
- Download Purplera1n. (Go to purplera1n.com, click the Windows logo at the bottom)
- Connect your iPhone with your computer.
- Double click the purplera1n.exe file to launch the application
- Click ‘make it ra1n.’
You iPhone will now be placed in recovery mode. You will see a picture of GeoHot that replaces the regular recovery mode screen on your device.
- Once your device reboots you will see a new icon, Freeze, the purplera1n installer app on the SpringBoard. Press it.
- Once Freeze opens tap Install Cydia.
- Reboot your iPhone after onscreen instructions.
tip: to remove the Freeze icon, install CyDelete from Cydia then use it to delete the application.
tip: Also, don’t upgrade to 3.1 OS if you want your iPhone jailbreaked and unlocked.
To run OpenSSH simply install the OpenSSH package in Cydia and ssh to your iPhone with root/alpine login/pass combination.
After Jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS , You can use ultrasn0w tool to unlock your iPhone 3GS or redsn0w to unlock your iPhone 3G.