Western Digital is offering a Free Download of Acronis True Image WD Edition ( based on Acronis True Image 11 ) for owners of Western Digital Hard Drives. Acronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive. This runs on Windows XP and Vista.
- Drive Cloning – Copies the source drive to a new WD drive, leaving all data on the source drive.
- Drive Migration – Erase the source drive after the new WD drive has been imaged.
- Drive Deployment – Enables users to prepare a WD drive so that selected folders or partitions can be excluded from the destination image.
- Drive Image Backup – The long-term usage of the Drive Kit software will be to provide full drive image backups of a source drive at any time.
- Drive Image Recovery – The Recovery Manager enables users to restore a drive image from a direct or network attached drive.
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager – With the Drive Kit software, users can create a bootable ISO image file.
- Recover a Drive Image from the Bootable Recovery Manager Software – The bootable Standalone Recovery Manager enables users to recover a drive image from either a CD/DVD drive, a direct attached drive, or a network attached drive.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and user manual and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
Download Acronis True Image [ 121 MB ]
Note: Seagate and Maxtor drive owners have been able to use DiscWizard for free which is a rebanded version of Acronis True Image 10.