For all the people, who are still using popular Microsoft Messenger 7 for Mac – it time to upgrade to 8 beta. Messenger for Mac 8 Beta provides real-time collaboration between people in different locations. Using your Windows Live ID, you can use instant messaging and audio and video calls to communicate with your contacts. Supported Operating Systems for this Apple Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) or a later.
How to install the Messenger on Mac
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- If the file you downloaded does not expand automatically, on your hard disk, double-click the file that you downloaded and saved in step 5.
- Drag the Microsoft Messenger icon to the Applications folder on your hard disk.
- After the application has been copied to your hard disk, you can drag the Microsoft Messenger volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
- Double-click the Microsoft Messenger application that you copied to your hard disk to start the setup program, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
To remove this update:
- Quit any Office applications that are running, including Microsoft Messenger and Office Notifications.
- On your hard disk, locate the Microsoft Messenger application.
- Drag the Microsoft Messenger application to the Trash.
- To remove your existing Messenger for Mac preferences and logs, delete the following files:
- /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Microsoft Messenger User Cache.plist
- /Users/username/Documents/Microsoft Messenger.log (this file is only present if you turned on the Messenger Logging preference)
- To remove all Messenger for Mac files from your computer, delete the following folders in the /Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data folder:
- Microsoft Messenger Data
- Messenger Corporate Data
- Microsoft Messenger History