The Jailbreak and SIM Unlock is available for iPhone 4, 3GS , 3G running for iOS 4 / 4.01. Another reason to Celebrate – Jailbreaking and Unlocking of iPhones and all Mobile Phones is now LEGAL as per United States Government.
Upgrade your device to iOS 4/4.01
Go to Download iOS 4.0 Final Gold Direct Links for iPhone, iPod and get iOS 4 or use below links to get iOS 4.01 version. Install using iTunes pressing SHIFT while clicking Update to custom select these firmware.
Jailbreak the Device running iOS 4 / 4.01 using JailbreakMe aka Star
Jailbreaking allows you to install apps, Apple wont permit you to install like MyWi, Installous, SBSettings, Cydiam iblacklist etc. After upgrading the device to iOS 4, you can jailbreak your device very easy using a web site – JailBreakMe with a single click. Supported Devices for JailBreakMe Site are
- iPod 1G on 3.1.2 / 3.1.3
- iPod 2G on 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 / 4.0
- iPod 3G on 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 / 4.0
- iPad on 3.2 / 3.2.1
- iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 / 4.0 / 4.0.1
- iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 / 4.0 / 4.0.1
- iPhone 4 on 4.0 / 4.0.1
Navigate to http://jailbreakme.com ( backup http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com ) from Safari Browser on your iOS device and touch the Image Link at the bottom “Swipe to Jailbreak.” It’ll download some files required and start Jailbreaking process, Once completed, you will see a message saying “Cydia has been added to the home screen”
tip :: If it gets stuck while at purple screen after you slide, follow below steps:
- Reset your network settings under "Settings" -> "General" -> "Reset" -> "Reset Network Settings". It will force a reboot, then go directly to your WIFI settings, enable / connect / WEP or whatever.
- Also, make sure all background apps are closed.
- Open.. Settings->Safari
- Change "Accept Cookies" to "Always" and then Connect to Jailbreakme Site
Unlock the Device running iOS 4 / 4.01 using ultrasn0w
Dev-Team’s ultrasn0w carrier SIM unlock for iOS 4 lets you unlock below devices
- iPhone4 baseband 01.59
- 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04
You’ll find version 1.0-1 of ultrasn0w in Cydia on jailbroken devices. If you don’t see it, add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com ( last “o” is actually the number zero “0”) and search for ultrasn0w and install . Reboot your Phone and use with another Mobile Network.