Find My iPhone, which came as part of MobileMe paid subscription is now a free app on iOS 4.2. It’s a tracking app that runs on your device and provides certain useful features when its lost from mobileme.com/find/. Lets you see the device on map, display a message on screen, play a sound, lock the device with a PIN, or even completely wipe your device.
- You’ll need a device ( iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch 4th generation) running iOS 4.2 to create a free Find My iPhone account.
- Once the account is created, you can use your Apple ID and password to enable Find My iPhone on your other devices running iOS 4.2. Also, Find My iPhone is not available in all countries.
- Download Find my iPhone app from App Store.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > and add a MobileMe account.
- Log into MobileMe using your Apple ID and password, and when it’s connected, turn on Find My iPhone.