Unlike the free open source Handbrake video converter that offers lot of flexibility but requires too many inputs and makes it complicated, Freemake Video Converter is a very simple and easy to use free software for convering videos into your favorite format. It is by far the best converter. I converted couple of mkv files to .mp4 ( Android ) and the audio and video just came out perfect with just couple of clicks.
Download Freemake from http://www.freemake.com/downloads/
- It is a totally free software. no adware, no sneakware, no online registration.
- It can take in 200+ input formats – AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, FLV, TOD, AVCHD, MOV, DV, RM, QT, TS, MTS, and many more. Import music (MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV), and photos (JPG, BMP, PNG,GIF) to turn them into video free and easily! 200+ supported formats
- Can take and convert online video from YouTube, Facebook, Hulu, MTV, Vimeo, Dailymotion, ComedyCentral, Megavideo, 40+ supported sites 40+ supported sites
- Optimize videos for Apple, Sony, and Android devices. Convert videos free to iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod 5G, iPhone, iPad, Sony PSP, PS2, PS3, BlackBerry, Xbox, Apple TV, Android mobile devices, smartphones, etc.
- Also provides features like Burn Blu-ray Video, DVD, Make Slideshows and Visualizations and even cut, Join, Rotate, Limit size, Adjust to aspect ratio of the videos and also upload to youtube.